Thursday 15 November 2012

Just enjoy the ride

Source: alixreadstoomuch.com


Right, now that I've taken up celibacy until further notice, I have decided I am going to write a book on dating and love. On how to find love. How to find love for yourself. In that order.

So I'm not planning to write the kind of manual about how to bag yourself a husband or some stupid rules on dating etc. I am planning to put together a vision on how to live happy and incorporate love seamlessly into it. Or at least that's the plan, we'll see how it will go down. I figured the world has changed a lot, surely there must be a different way we function physically, mentally and emotionally, so I am going to start exploring that avenue. Especially now that I am officially the Style and Sex (go figure!) columnist at Bitch-Online.co.uk, I thought I might put my 'expertise' and research methods to good use.

So far I only have the title: 'Just enjoy the ride' and nothing else but a deadline: 16th of April 2013. Mark that date if you think that even remotely I know what I'm talking about. You might want to mark it even if you don't, I promise it will be a fun book, not the kind that takes itself too seriously.

So the plan is to start with reading some books on dating and asess the current market situation. So I ordered a bunch of slighlty less conspicous ones on Amazon.  I threw in a few classics like 'The Rules', and the Amazon confirmation came back with a considerate and lovely list of suggested readings based on my previous choices. And we're talking stuff like 'If This Is Love Why Do I Feel So Insecure?' and 'Daily Meditations for Women Who Think Too Much'. Oh boy, I laughed wholeheartedly! I'm just a bit worried about hiding the covers as I'll read on my way to work. I'll probably feel worse than wearing a T-shirt with the print 'Yes, I am a Scientologist and I believe in aliens, what are you looking at?'. But considering I've seen many women on the tube already with '50 Shades of Grey' think I'll be all right.

This is going to be a really fun ride!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julianna! Well **blush** I'm one of the authors of "If This Is Love, Why Do I Feel So Insecure?" Was that YOU in the tube reading about INSECURITY? (Just kidding!) I'm a psychologist doing marriage and relationship counseling, now living in New Hampshire (USA) for many years. I wrote that book based on my dissertation research. Now, after thousands of couples have taught me so much, I pale to go back and read the book again! I'd be happy to talk with you or email, if I can be of help in your torturing over the topic ... But I guess then you wouldn't be just enjoying the ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carl,

      I was actually the one reading 'Get the Guy' and wondering if the author was single... :))

      Wow, thank you for your comment. I have started my research and I am feeling overwhelmed. Would love some help if you are kindly offering. I will e-mail you privately.

      Many thanks.

      Delete